Adventure Caving is another of Swaziland’s top adventure activities. In fact, Swazi Trails, are the originators of the concept of “Adventure Caving” globally, having been the first to coin the phrase back in 1999, when this activity was initially launched in Swaziland’s Gobholo Cave.
What is Adventure Caving? This activity fits somewhere between a cave tour, the type you pay an entry fee at the door for and then follow the cement steps onwards, and a speleological club expedition, which is only really accessible to trained and experienced members. Guided Adventure Caving trips make use of specific gear and equipment and requires plenty of physical effort, but it doesn’t require prior experience or special skills. There aren’t any railing, steps, or emergency lighting – this is the REAL thing, its NOT “soft adventure” – this is about as close to the edge as commercial activities can go.
Our trips are run twice daily – morning and evening, with variations possible by prior request. Trips take approximately 4-5 hours, whilst our evening departure includes dinner and a swim in a hot natural spring.
To book your Swaziland Adventure Caving tour online, follow these links:
- Book Adventure Caving morning departure - 09h00 to 13h00
- Book Adventure Caving evening departure – 16h30 to 21h30, including dinner & hot spring swim
For more information on Adventure Caving in Swaziland go to:
- Adventure Caving Information – detailed info on what the different Swazi Trails Adventure Caving trips include
- Our responses to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) on Adventure Caving in Swaziland
- A video of Caving in Swaziland
- Our Swazi Trails Flickr page – regular images from daily caving excursions are posted here
- Swaziland 2-night Caving + Accommodation packages - best price deals