Border hours at four Swaziland’s border posts with South Africa have been extended for the upcoming Easter holiday. These borders are one’s that experience the heaviest flow of traffic during this annual long-weekend break.
According to Acting Principal Secretary in the Swaziland Ministry of Home Affairs, Andrew Masilela, the border posts that will have their hours extended this Easter are: Ngwenya-Oshoek border, Mahamba border, Matsamo-Jeppes Reef border and the Mananga-Border Gate crossing.
Only Oshoek-Ngwenya will be open 24 hours and only for one night - Thursday the 5th April, whilst the others have had extensions in their operating hours as follows.
- Thursday 5th – 24 hours
- Friday 6th – until midnight
- Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Monday 9th – 07h00 to 22h00 (normal hours)
- Thursday 5th – 07h00 to midnight
- Friday 6th – 06h00 to 22h00
- Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Monday 9th – 06h00 to 22h00
Matsamo-Jeppes Reef Border
- Thursday 5th – 07h00 to 22h00
- Friday 6th – 07h00 to 22h00
- Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Monday 9th – 07h00 to 22h00
Mananga-Border Gate Border
- Thursday 5th – 07h00 to 20h00
- Friday 6th – 07h00 to 20h00
- Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Monday 9th – 07h00 to 20h00
All other border post hours will remain the same.
Note: the only permanently 24 hour border crossing to Swaziland is the Mhlumeni-Goba border between Swaziland and Mozambique.
From the Swazi Trails Team: “Please travel safety this Easter – take regular breaks, don’t speed… but rather get into the chilled holiday mood from the minute you get in the car – take it slow and enjoy the scenery!”