White-water rafting, otherwise known as ‘river-rafting’ has been consideredSwaziland’s #1 adventure activity for over 20 years. Trips depart on a daily basisthroughout the year, with options of Half-day, Full-day and Raft-Abseil-Tube Combo’s available.
White Water Rafting
White Water Rafting
White water rafting, otherwise known as ‘river-rafting’ has been considered Swaziland’s #1 adventure activity for over 25 years. Trips depart on a daily basis throughout the year, with various formats such as Half-day White Water Rafting, Full-day White water Rafting and a Rafting-Abseiling-Tubing Combos.
Swazi Trails is the sole operator of this adventure activity in Swaziland. The same pioneering team responsible for its launch in 1991, is still at the helm to ensure safe and fun excursions. Raft trips are run on on both of Swaziland’s largest rivers. Our route on the Great Usutu River is roughly between the towns of Sidvokodvo and Siphofaneni in central Swaziland. On the Komati River we raft downstream of Maguga Dam, which is considered northern Swaziland. There are seasonal variations in terms of the distance covered and rapids run, but regardless of the time of year, we always have fun! Our white water rafting departure point in the Ezulwini Valley is roughly halfway between the two rivers, giving us the flexibility to go wherever the river conditions are best on a daily basis.
White water rafting trips in Swaziland are run predominantly in two-man inflatable rafts, although for high-water conditions we do have the option to use 8-man inflatable rafts. Trained river guides accompany all trips. Departures are guaranteed for a low minimum of only 2 persons.
How to book white water rafting in Swaziland
To book your Swaziland white water rafting trip online, follow these links:
- Book Half-day whitewater rafting – 08h30 to 14h00 (generally available Dec-Apr)
- Book Full-day whitewater rafting – 08h30 to 17h00 (generally available Dec-Apr)
- Book Full day rafting-abseiling or tubing combo – 08h30-17h00 (throughout the year)
Note: seasons may vary due to changing river conditions from year to year. Seek clarification on trips available at the time of booking. Our daily logistics are subject to change at short notice as we we seek out the best conditions available.
More information on white water rafting in Swaziland
For more information on white water rafting in Swaziland go to:
- Detailed Information on Rafting Options – detailed info on what the various white water rafting trips include and the variations in format
- Our responses to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) on river rafting in Swaziland
- Swaziland 2-night Rafting + Accommodation packages – best price rafting deals
- A video of whitewater rafting in Swaziland
- Our Swazi Trails Flickr page – regular images from daily white water rafting excursions are posted here. Pick an album from the month of the year in which you will be visiting to get an idea of expected river conditions. At last count we had over 89,000 images online – so there is no shortage of material to look through. We hope to see your happy face here one day too!