White-water rafting, otherwise known as ‘river-rafting’ has been considered Swaziland’s #1 adventure activity for over 25 years. Trips depart on a daily basis throughout the year, with options of Half-day white water rafting, Full-day Whitewater Rafting and a Raft-Abseil-Tube Combo available.
Swazi Trails is the sole operator of this adventure activity in Swaziland. The same pioneering team responsible for its launch in 1991, is still at the helm to ensure safe and fun excursions. These raft trips are run on Swaziland’s largest river, the Great Usutu River, on a section that is roughly between the towns of Sidvokodvo and Siphofaneni, with seasonal variations in terms of distance covered and rapids run.
White water rafting trips in Swaziland are run in two-man inflatable rafts. Trained river guides accompany all trips. Departures are guaranteed for a low minimum of only 2 persons.
How to book white water rafting
To book your Swaziland white water rafting trip online, follow these links:
- Book Half-day white water rafting – 08h30 to 14h00 daily throughout the year
- Book Full-day white water rafting – 08h30 to 17h00 daily from November to May
- Book Full day rafting-abseiling-tubing combo – 08h30-17h00 daily from June to October.
Note: seasons may vary due to changing river conditions from year to year. Seek clarification on trips available at the time of booking.
More information on rafting in Swaziland
For more information on white-water rafting in Swaziland go to:
- White Water Rafting Information – detailed info on what the various white-water raft trips include
- Swaziland 2-night Rafting + Accommodation packages – best price rafting deals
- Our responses to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) on river rafting in Swaziland
- A video of white-water rafting in Swaziland
- Our Swazi Trails Flickr page – regular images from daily rafting excursions are posted here. Pick an album from the month of the year in which you will be visiting to get an idea of river conditions to expect.